Welcome to Kendra Graham’s online Bible study. This is a place where people can come together and share their journey towards Scriptural truths and spiritual maturity. We pray this will be a safe, respectful, resourceful place to come and discuss God’s Word…to discover What it says…What it means…and What it means to you!
Kendra suggests you use the following process when studying Scripture. We have included an example of this process from John 1:1.
Step 1: Pray
Step 2: Read God’s Word (look at the passage)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Step 3: What Does God’s Word Say? (list the facts)
1 In the beginning the Word was with God and was God.
Step 4: What Does God’s Word Mean? (learn the lessons)
1 God‘s Word is not just ancient philosophy, it is eternal Truth.
Step 5: What Does God’s Word Mean to Me? (listen to his voice)
1 How do I view the Bible?
Kendra Graham NOTES from Joshua 10:12-14
FACTS: What Does it Say?
12. Joshua spoke to the LORD and said in the sight of Israel, “O sun, stand still at Gibeon, and oh moon in the valley of Aijalon.”
13. So the sun stood still & the moon stopped, until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies.
14. The LORD fought for Israel.
Lessons: What Does it Mean?
12. Come boldly before the throne of grace…. Pray boldly for your needs. God told Joshua back in verse 8 that he was not to have fear in this situation, and that God had “given them into his hand”, well then, God, if you have called me here, to do this, and not to have fear, and You said that You would give them into my hands, well then, this is what we need to accomplish that, and it is completely not possible for me to accomplish it, so I am completely, 100% relying on You. “Do this LORD” was the prayer of Joshua. Joshua’s faith didn’t waiver, he didn’t say, “Hmmmm maybe God really didn’t call me to this…” Joshua was firm in his faith and bold in his prayer. When God calls me to do things, there always seems to be a gap between what I can do and what God must do…. this Gap, is filled with faith and obedience, and it is HARD…. God doesn’t call us to do do easy things…. where would the faith be in that? I want to have the big faith of Joshua…. without being stretched… unfortunately, that is not how it works, and I have a better testimony at the end of things that only God can do anyway….
13. God provided what His people needed to do that which He called them to do. That is God’s character, He is faithful.
14. God fights for His people.
Application. What Does it Mean to me?
12. What has God called me to do? What must God provide in order for it to happen? Am I praying for God to do it?
13. Do I really believe God is who He says He is and will accomplish what He says He will? Am I living my life proving my belief or unbelief?
14. Do I believe God fights for me? When has God fought for me? How do I need God to fight for me now?
During the summer months, Kendra will be posting notes and new homework every two weeks (instead of weekly). Feel free to break up your homework and continue to share with one another each week. All of you are really building a beautiful Bible study community!
Homework for June 19th: Joshua 10: 15-19
Share with us your lesson(s) and applications and what they mean to you.
Do you know someone that might be blessed by joining our study? Please share this blog link with them.