Welcome to Kendra Graham’s online Bible study. This is a place where you can come together and share your journey towards Scriptural truths and spiritual maturity. We pray this will be a safe, respectful, resourceful place to come and discuss God’s Word…to discover What it says…What it means…and What it means to you!
Kendra suggests you use the following process when studying Scripture. We have included an example of this process from John 1:1.
Step 1: Pray
Step 2: Read God’s Word (look at the passage)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was
Step 3: What Does God’s Word Say? (list the facts)
1 In the beginning the Word was with God and was God.
Step 4: What Does God’s Word Mean? (learn the lessons)
1 God‘s Word is not just ancient philosophy, it is eternal Truth.
Step 5: What Does God’s Word Mean to Me? (listen to his voice)
1 How do I view the Bible?
Kendra Graham NOTES from Joshua 10:15-19
FACTS: What Does it Say?
15: Israel returned to camp at Gilgal
16: These 5 kings fled and hid in the cave at Makkedah
17: It was told Joshua these 5 kings were found hidden in the
18: Roll large stones against the mouth of the cave and guard
19: do not stay there yourselves; pursue your enemies and attack
in the rear, do not allow them to enter their cities for the LORD has delivered
LESSONS: What Does it Mean?
15. It’s good to gather together and asses the situation get feedback and get back to work
16. the “fearless” leaders of these cities, so ready to destroy Israel off the face of the earth find themselves cowards hiding in a cave. In times of crises our true character comes out
17. You can’t hide from God
18-19: Do not be distracted from the task at hand even if you capture a high value target. Stay focused on the task at hand. Pursue those enemies. Often times I give up the fight when God has called me to complete it. I may say, “Ah, I have done most of it, I’m out” Do not allow the enemy to re-group, finish the task completely.
APPLICATION: What Does it Mean to me?
15. Do I realize we are in this fight together as Christians? Are we listening to one another and getting back to work together with a common goal?
16. In times of crises in my life, what was or is being revealed about my character? Am I strong and courageous in the LORD, or weak and cowardly? Crises reveals my belief, what has crises revealed regarding my belief? Has my belief and faith been proven or run from?
17. What causes me to question God sees me?
18-19: Am I living in disobedience because I have been distracted from what God has called me to do? How have I been distracted from the task at hand? Have I completed things “mostly” but I don’t want to put the finishing touch on it because…..? Too much
effort? Time? I’m not “feeling” it any longer? I would rather……? This distraction over here is more “me” and makes more sense?
Share with us your lesson(s) and applications and what they mean to you.
Do you know someone that might be blessed by joining our study? Please share this blog link with them.
Homework for July 3 discussion: Joshua 10: 20-27