Shout for joy to the LORD all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness; came before Him with joyful songs.
KNOW that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His, we are HIs people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.
Kendra suggests you use the following 3-question Bible Study process when studying Scripture. We have included an example of this process using John 1:1.
Step 1: Pray
Step 2: Read God’s Word (look at the passage)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Step 3: What Does God’s Word Say? (list the facts)
1 In the beginning the Word was with God and was God.
Step 4: What Does God’s Word Mean? (learn the lessons)
1 God‘s Word is not just ancient philosophy, it is eternal Truth.
Step 5: What Does God’s Word Mean to Me? (listen to his voice)
1 How do I view the Bible?
What Does it Say?
1. Shout for joy to the LORD
2. Worship the LORD with gladness, come before Him with joyful songs.
3. Know that the LORD is God. He made us. We are His people.
4. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks and praise His name
5. For the LORD is good and His steadfast love endures forever. His faithfulness continues to all generations.
What Does it Mean? Lessons
1. In the presence of God, we can shout for joy because He is LORD… He is in charge. Regardless of my personal situation, regardless of what I have and am going through, there is pure JOY in the FACT that we worship the LORD who is on the throne! In spite of rulers who are on the different thrones of this world, in our country, or in other countries, it is the LORD who moves the hearts’ of kings. We serve a God who is not aloof, ignorant or out of touch! Praise! Praise! Praise! (Psalm 65)
2. Just the fact that we serve a God who beckons us to come into His presence, that should give us cause to sing.
3. God has made us to personally know Him. What kind of awesome God is that? My God cares personally about you and personally about me, and He wants us to know personally who He is, not just about Him. God knows our struggles and what brings us joy, and it matters to Him, His people mean everything to Him.
4. Come today in the presence of God with true thanksgiving. You can’t say the word “thanks-giving” without the word “giving”….. some of us may feel we have nothing left to give, and yet, here, God wants us to give thanks? A true “sacrifice of praise” as spoken of in Hebrews 13:15. Praising may be just that for you, a sacrifice at this time…. hard, difficult, painful, but as we put the world on pause, just for a few minutes here, and we focus on a God who loves you and loves me more than anything…. a God who loved us so much that He took His very wrath out upon Himself in Jesus, because He so desperately wants us to love and know Him (John 3:16), can we for just a minute, sacrifice our hurts, sacrifice our pain, to a God who understands and cares where we are coming from, having experienced it personally Himself…. can we truly give Him a sacrifice of praise this thanksgiving? May we praise His name purely because we serve a God who’s name is beyond comprehension.
5. A friend my stop loving you. A spouse may decide to leave you. Your child may walk away from you. A boss may fire you. Countless people may come and go in and out of your life, but God says that His love for His people endures forever, and His faithfulness to them will continue through all generations! God has not dropped the ball or changed His mind with our generation. God loves His people and is big enough to reign every going on in the world, and personal enough to care about your hair that is on (or off) your head (Matthew 10:30), and He even saves the tears you cry (Psalm 50:8). You matter to God Almighty even if you don’t think you matter to one person in the world, you MATTER to God, and He proved it when He came as Jesus, to shout to the world HE IS HERE, HE IS IN CHARGE and HE LOVES YOU! For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only Son, that WHO EVER believes in Jesus will not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16. Believe God this Thanksgiving. Believe it. Hold on the TRUTH (Psalm 119:160, John 17:17, John 8:36), in this ever changing world when you can’t tell fact from fiction. The LORD is without change (Malachi 3:6). The LORD means what He says, and Jesus died to prove His Word to you. You are loved by God Almighty, and that love endures for you to ALL generations, faithfully!
What Does it Mean to Me? Personal Application
1. What causes me to doubt God is on the throne? When has God comforted me with the fact that He is in charge?
2. When have I sung purely for the fact that God loves to hear the praise of His people in His presence?
3. Know. A lot of times we know in our heads these verses, and what God’s Word says, but has there been a time when God has so inscribed His Word in your heart that you will never forget it because you know it? When has God been personally proven faithful to you, so that you just don’t “know” it on the surface, but you know, that you know, that you know, that your redeemer lives? Do you know that the LORD is God deep in your knower?
4. What aspect of God’s name brings me thanks and praise? I praise You, Jesus, my LORD, because You are faithful. I praise you Jesus, because You are Savior. I praise You Jesus, because You are deliverer….
5. Is it hard to believe God loves me, personally with a love that endures and won’t fail or stop? When have I doubted God’s love for me? Did I realize the depth of God’s love for His people? Is there a time when I asked Jesus to forgive me and to make things right between me and this God who loves me so? When I realize that God loves me in Word AND Deed through Jesus, How can I stop from singing His praise? He is the LORD! Amen and amen.
Happy, grateful, praise filled Thanksgiving to you. — Kendra Graham