Welcome to Kendra Graham’s online Bible study. This is a place where women can come together and share their journey towards Scriptural truths and spiritual maturity. We pray this will be a safe, respectful, resourceful place to come and discuss God’s Word…to discover What it says…What it means…and What it means to you!
Kendra suggests you use the following process when studying Scripture. We have included an example of this process from John 1:1.
Step 1: Pray
Step 2: Read God’s Word (look at the passage)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Step 3: What Does God’s Word Say? (list the facts)
1 In the beginning the Word was with God and was God.
Step 4: What Does God’s Word Mean? (learn the lessons)
1 God‘s Word is not just ancient philosophy, it is eternal Truth.
Step 5: What Does God’s Word Mean to Me? (listen to his voice)
1 How do I view the Bible?
Kendra Graham NOTES from Joshua 14:6-11 homework
FACTS: What does it say?
6: Caleb said, “You know what the LORD said to Moses”
7: I was 40, when Moses sent me from Kades Barnea to explore the land. I brought back a report according to my convictions.
8: but my brothers who went with me made the hearts of the people melt with fear. I followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.
9: So Moses swore to me: “the land which your feet have walked will be your inheritance because you have followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.
10: NOW Just as the LORD promised He has kept me alive so here I am today 85!
11: I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous now as I was then.
LESSONS: What does it mean?
6. Do not forget the words of the LORD.
7. STAND for the convictions of my heart and my God. It is so easy to stay quiet, afraid to “offend” others by the convictions of God’s Word. Hey, its GOD’s Word, not mine. They are God’s promises, not mine. The question is do I believe GOD is who He says He is, or that He is a liar in my case. God said the land was to be theirs. Caleb believed it. Simple, yet hard and complex in the face of reality!
8. Consensus, even among godly leaders may not necessarily be what God has called them to. When I know God has called me to something, what do I do? There is ALWAYS a GAP when GOD calls…. there is that which I can do and that which GOD MUST DO… that GAP is called faith and obedience, and if were easy or if it always made sense and if the pieces always fell together from the onset, then where would God be needed in all that? Am I quick to fall in with the crowd, the consensus? What has God called me to that He must accomplish in totality?
9. Know that My God is faithful to complete and do that which He has promised to me.
10. God’s promises are true. When I act on God’s promises, and trust Him, walk the walk instead of focusing so much on talking the talk, I will find that I have a testimony, a personal testimony of God’s faithfulness to me!!!! Often times we want this great amazing faith of Joshua, Caleb and Paul, yet we don’t want to have to obey and trust and struggle to get it….. It is always worth it!!! If we could ask Joshua, Caleb and Paul, they would say, press in and press on!
11. God gives me continued strength even when I should be weak. When the world says you should be done…. maybe God is saying, “Hey, you are nowhere close!”
APPLICATIONS, What does it mean to me?
6. Do I know what God’s Word says to me? What has God said to me? Have I forgotten the words God has spoken into my life over me?
7. Have I been quiet when God has asked me just to stand for what I believe in? How have I been asked to stand for Him? Did I stand tall or shrink back? Am I so afraid of the reactions of others, even the reactions of other Christians, that I keep quiet on what God’s Word has charged me to do? Do I have any idea of what God’s Word has promised me?
8. Am I quick to fall in with the crowd, the consensus? What has God called me to that He must accomplish in totality? Have I ever seen God miraculously fill in that GAP in my life and truly “Make all things work together for good?” What testimony of the GREATNESS of God am I missing out on in my life because I am afraid of that obedience? AM I in God’s Word enough so that I know without a doubt what God has called me to? AM I quick to walk away if people, even godly people do not support me? Will I be like Caleb and “trust MY GOD wholeheartedly?”
9. DO I know what God has promised me? Do I believe the promises of God? DO I really believe that God will continue to be faithful to His Word, even when it involves me? What do I really believe about who God is?
10. What is my testimony of God’s faithfulness? When have I gone out on that limb and trusted that God would have to come through? Am I pressing in and pressing on, hanging on by the skin of my teeth to who God says He is, or am I running the other way in fear? Will I stick this out, to have the testimony in the end? Or am I done here and now?
11. What is it that You want to do through me, LORD? Help my unbelief!
LIVE IT OUT:
Get into God’s Word daily, know what God is saying, know what GOD is promising, know who God is, and then live my life like He is telling the Truth!!!! LIVE OUT God’s Word on a daily basis in my life, in my family, in my community, at my school, and yes, even in my church!!! LORD, Help my unbelief!!!
Share with us your lesson(s) and applications and what they mean to you.
Do you know someone that might be blessed by joining our study?
Please share this blog with them.
HOMEWORK: Joshua 14:12-15